March 26, 2020
Hello, Families and Friends:
You are receiving this letter because you are the first contact for one of our Residents at Eastgate Manor. With the COVID-19 situation changing daily, our communication is necessary. We called all of you this week to confirm your email address. The majority of communications in the next few months will be via email from Eastgate, so please be on the lookout. We did receive word from a handful of families that still need paper mail.
Overall, our Residents and Staff are doing well. We have an amazing staff who are working very hard to keep our Residents safe and healthy. Our main priority is social distancing: maintain 6 feet distance and the Residents are catching on. We also appreciate the partnership from families who have been more than understanding. We are doing regular temperatures, signs and symptoms with our Residents. We are also screening all staff the same way before reporting to the floors. We are not having visitors unless deemed medically or mechanically necessary. If there are items deemed essential, please coordinate with our front desk to arrange a curbside pickup, so we can deliver to the Resident.
Until further notice we will continue to do the following:
- Dining Room is closed and we are providing room service for all Resident meals.
- No group Activities. (NOTE) We are communicating with our Residents to bring special Activities to their room by request. We have an Activity Cart with puzzles, books, videos, DVD’s, exercise options and chair tai chi circling regularly, too.
- Lower level common areas, both patios and lobby are closed. The mail room will remain open.
- Resident appointments and errands are discouraged unless an absolute need. Doctor’s appointments should be discussed with our Nursing Department prior to leaving. Please call our nursing staff when/if you plan on bringing a Resident out.
- We will continue to get guidance from local, state and national health organizations. We are also coordinating with our partners at Lexington Health Care. Please reach out at (847) 458- 2800, if you have any further questions.
Executive Director, Executive Director