Due to decreased community COVID-19 rates, we are excited to share new guidance from IDPH and Governor Pritzker’s office regarding our ability to offer indoor visits. Lexington Health Care Centers that meet criteria will begin offering limited and structured indoor visits Monday through Friday.
We continue to offer remote visitation through FaceTime, Zoom, or other virtual platforms. Virtual and outdoor visits are the safest way to spend time with your loved one. We encourage outdoor visits when weather conditions allow for a comfortable experience.
As a reminder, the following guidelines will help you prepare for an enjoyable and safe visit:
- Visitation must be limited to two visitors 18 years or older from the same household at a time per resident.
- Residents must be able to tolerate sitting for the duration of the visit.
- Residents must be able to follow the visitation guidelines independently or with little assistance.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infections or symptoms are not allowed to participate in visits.
- Residents on isolation precautions for any reason are unable to participate in visits.
- We will ensure that a minimum distancing of six feet between residents and visitors is achievable.
- We are unable to accommodate a visit without a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors will be prescreened using the CDC symptom checklist by phone within 24 hours in advance of the visit. Please note that the screening will include a travel screen. Updates to travel restrictions can be found at https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html .
- Visitor screening will be conducted upon arrival with the CDC symptom checklist and a temperature check.
- Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Resident screening will be conducted using the CDC symptom checklist and temperature check prior to visitors’ arrival.
- All visits are limited to designated areas only.
- Visitors will enter through a designated entrance and are unable to travel through the facility at any time.
- Residents and visitors must wear face coverings for the duration of the visit.
- Consumption of food or drink is not allowed during visits.
- In order to facilitate as many visits as possible, we are currently allowing 20 minutes for each visit. This will allow more loved ones to connect and time to complete required cleaning between visits.
- The facility will provide supervision to ensure the use of face coverings and social distancing.
- The facility can suspend the visit at any time if visitation guidelines are not followed.
- Outdoor visits are weather dependent. Visits may need to be suspended in the case of inclement weather. It is important that residents and visitors are dressed appropriately for time outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed to attend visits.
Please contact your loved one’s facility to schedule a visit. We will contact you within 24 hours of your scheduled visit to complete the CDC symptom checklist and prepare you for time with your loved one.
We will keep residents and loved ones informed with specific updates as needed. We understand how difficult restrictions are on everyone and we remain dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones safely connected and engaged.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.