February 24, 2021
Dear Valued Residents, Family Members and Friends,
We understand how difficult it has been to be separated from your loved ones while visitation restrictions remain in place.
Due to decreased community COVID-19 rates, we are excited to share new guidance from IDPH and Governor Pritzker’s office regarding our ability to offer indoor visits. Beginning Friday, February 26, 2021, Eastgate Manor of Algonquin will offer limited and structured visits every day from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please email Michelle.Herrera@Eastgatemanor.com to reserve your time. If there’s a special request outside of these times, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We continue to offer remote visitation through FaceTime, Zoom or other virtual platforms at any time. Virtual and outdoor visits are the safest way to spend time with your loved one. We encourage outdoor visits when weather conditions allow for a comfortable experience.
The following guidelines will help you prepare for an enjoyable and safe visit:
- Visitation must be limited to two visitors from the same household at a time per resident.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older in order to participate in an outdoor visit.
- Residents must be able to tolerate sitting for the duration of the visit.
- Residents must be able to follow the visitation guidelines independently or with little assistance.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infections, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not allowed to participate in outdoor visits.
- Residents on isolation precautions for any reason are unable to participate in outdoor visits.
- We will ensure that a minimum distancing of six feet between residents and visitors is achievable in the designated outdoor space.
- Clear social distancing requirements will be communicated and enforced prior to the visit to ensure six feet between residents and visitors.
- Visitors must schedule an appointment with the facility to visit a resident.
- We are unable to accommodate a visit without a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors will be prescreened using the CDC symptom checklist by phone within 24 hours in advance of the visit. Please note that the screening will include a travel screen. Updates to travel restrictions can be found at https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html .
- Visitor screening will be conducted upon arrival with the CDC symptom checklist and a temperature check.
- Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
Residents receiving visitors will also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist and temperature check prior to visitors’ arrival.
- All visits are limited to the designated outdoor areas only.
- Visitors will enter through a designated entrance and are unable to travel through the facility at any time.
- For the duration of the visit, the resident and visitor must wear face coverings.
- Consumption of food or drink is not allowed during visits.
- In order to facilitate as many visits as possible, we are currently allowing 30 minutes for each visit. This will allow us to have more loved ones reconnect and time to complete required cleaning between visits.
- The facility will provide supervision during each visit to ensure the use of face coverings and social distancing.
- The facility can suspend the visit at any time if visitation guidelines are not followed.
- Outdoor visits are weather dependent. Visits may need to be suspended in the case of inclement weather. It is important that residents and visitors are dressed appropriately for time outdoors.
- Pets are not allowed to attend outdoor visits.
Please contact your loved one’s facility to schedule a visit. We will contact you within 24 hours of your scheduled visit to complete the CDC symptom checklist and prepare you for time with your loved one.
We will keep residents and loved ones informed with facility-specific updates as needed. We understand how difficult restrictions are on everyone and we remain dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones safely connected and engaged.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.