June 12, 2020
Valued Residents, Family Members and Staff,
The health and safety of our Eastgate Manor residents, families and employees is our highest priority. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis continues, we recognize the importance of sharing information and communicating actions we are taking to protect and care for our Eastgate Manor family.
We are working with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), local health departments and our laboratory partners to procure needed testing. Where universal COVID-19 testing and resources are available to our company, Eastgate Manor proactively will test all staff and residents. This may lead to higher case counts, but it will allow our teams to identify asymptomatic residents and staff members and work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As a result, we conducted testing of all staff and residents on June 2nd & 8th.
After all testing was completed, we had an additional two residents and one staff member that tested positive for the virus. As of today, that totals six residents and six staff that have tested positive for COVID-19.
The following control measures have been implemented to prevent spread of COVID-19:
- Control measures for any resident with signs/symptoms of a respiratory viral infection, including full vitals every 4 hours, maintaining Standard, Contact, and Droplet Precautions (including eye protection)
- Every effort is made for staff caring for positive or symptomatic residents to NOT care for negative or asymptomatic residents
- Any resident with new symptoms of fever and lower respiratory illness (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) is placed in both Contact and Droplet transmission based precautions upon identification
- Determination to send residents to the hospital or skilled rehab is based on the same criteria used for other severe illnesses
- Screening all providers for symptoms such as fever daily before entering the facility
- Screening all staff members for symptoms such as fever daily before entering the facility as well as mid-shift
- Strict visitor and non-essential provider restrictions continue
- Continued suspended group activities and provided alternatives (i.e., in-room dining and one to one activities)
- Facilitating ongoing deep cleaning of the facility, including all common areas
- All staff are wearing a mask upon entry into the building and throughout their shift
- Outdoor patios remain closed but Residents can walk outside maintaining social distancing. If a Resident needs to sit outside, please keep social distancing of six feet or more, stay away from the front doors and keep your time sitting to a minimum. If there is overcrowding, we may need to minimize the number of Residents outside. Please use the hand sanitizer when re-entering the building.
Family & Friend Visitations – We are working on scheduled visits for Residents, Families and Friends to see each other at Eastgate. We are hoping to get this information out to everyone in the next few days so please stay tuned.
Beauty & Barber Shop – We are in discussions with the Beauty Shop to reopen in the next few weeks and we will keep everyone posted.
We recognize that everyone is concerned about the health and safety of our loved ones, patients, residents and employees. We will keep you updated and informed.
For the latest coronavirus insight and preventive measures, we invite you to visit www.cdc.gov.
Stay safe and be well.
Eastgate Manor Supportive Living
(847) 458 – 4516
Director of Resident Care
Eastgate Manor Supportive Living
(847) 458 – 6496