August 28, 2020
Dear Valued Residents and Family Members,
We understand how difficult it has been to be separated from your loved ones while visitation within our communities remains restricted at Eastgate Manor. As we closely follow the IDPH and Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan along with the CDC, the ability to continue outdoor visits will be based on:
- Case status of COVID-19 in the community.
The Restore Illinois plan divides the state into 11 health regions for purposes of regional pandemic recovery phases.
Region 8: Lexington of Bloomingdale, Elmhurst, Lombard, Elmhurst Square, Lombard Square
Region 9: Lexington of Lake Zurich, Eastgate Manor
Region 10: Lexington of Chicago Ridge, LaGrange, Orland Park, Schaumburg
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors key indicators to identify early but significant increases of COVID-19 transmission, potentially signifying resurgence. Indicators are calculated daily for each region based on the most current, complete data. One of these indicators is the rolling seven-day average test positivity rate.
If this positivity rate is 8 percent or greater for three consecutive days, outdoor visits must be suspended for a minimum of 14 days. At such time, the local health department will provide further guidance.
Region 8’s positivity rate is currently 5.8 percent.
Region 9’s positivity rate is currently 5.8 percent.
Region 10’s positivity rate is currently 6.8 percent.
- Case status of COVID-19 in the facility.
Lexington Health Network facilities must also spend a minimum of 14 days with no COVID-19 cases in order to offer outdoor and window visits. If any resident in a facility tests positive for COVID-19, outdoor visits will be suspended for 14 days.
We are happy to continue offering remote visitation through FaceTime, Zoom or other virtual platform at any time.
The following recently updated guidelines will help you prepare for an enjoyable and safe visit:
- Visitation must be limited to two visitors from the same household at a time per resident.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older in order to participate in an outdoor visit.
- Residents must be able to tolerate sitting for the duration of the visit.
- Residents must be able to follow the visitation guidelines independently or with little assistance.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infections, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not allowed to participate in outdoor visits.
- Residents on isolation precautions for any reason are unable to participate in outdoor visits.
- We will ensure that a minimum distancing of six feet between residents and visitors is achievable in the designated outdoor space.
- Clear social distancing requirements will be communicated and enforced prior to the visit to ensure six feet distancing between residents and visitors is followed.
- Visitors must schedule an appointment with the community to visit a resident. We are unable to accommodate a visit without a scheduled appointment.
- Visitors will be prescreened using the CDC symptom checklist by phone within 24 hours in advance of the visit. Please note that the screening will include a travel screen. Visitors that have traveled to restricted states and countries are unable to visit during the 14 day quarantine. Updates to travel restrictions can be found at https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html .
- Visitors will be screened in their cars or at the outdoor screening station. upon arrival with the CDC symptom checklist and a temperature check.
- Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Residents receiving visitors will also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist and temperature check prior to visitors’ arrival.
- All visits are limited to the designated outdoor areas only.
- Visitors will enter the designated outdoor visitation area through an outdoor entrance and will not be able to enter the community at any time.
- For the duration of the visit, the resident and visitor must wear face coverings.
- Consumption of food or drink is not allowed during visits.
- In order to facilitate as many visits as soon as possible, we are currently allowing 30 minutes for each visit. This will allow us to have more loved ones reconnect and time to complete required cleaning between visits.
- The community will provide supervision during each visit to ensure the use of face coverings and social distancing.
- The community can suspend the visit at any time if the visitation guidelines are not followed.
- Outdoor visits are weather dependent. Visits may need to be suspended in the case of inclement weather.
- Pets are not allowed to attend outdoor visits.
We will keep residents and loved ones informed with facility specific updates as needed.
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we continue to face the challenges surrounding the coronavirus together.
Eastgate Manor Supportive Living
(847) 458 – 4516