September 14, 2020
Dear Residents and Families:
The health and safety of our residents and team members is our highest priority. As we continue to face the uncertainty and concern regarding the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we continue to follow the guidelines of the Illinois Department of Public Health (“IDPH”), McHenry County Health, and Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”).
Eastgate has implemented the following control measures to prevent further spread of COVID-19:
- Control measures for any resident with signs/symptoms of a respiratory viral infection include: vitals every 4 hours, blood pressure every 8 hours maintaining Standard, Contact, and Droplet Precautions.
- Every effort will be made for staff caring for any positive or symptomatic residents NOT to care for negative or asymptomatic residents.
- Any resident with new symptoms of fever or lower respiratory illness (cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) will be placed in both Contact and Droplet Transmission-Based Precautions upon identification
- Determinations to send residents to the hospital are based on the same criteria used for other severe illnesses
- Screening all providers and staff members for symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath, headache, etc. daily before entering the facility
- Strict visitor and non-essential provider restrictions continue
- Continued suspension of group activities and providing alternatives (i.e. in-room dining and individual activities). The Dining Room will be closed until further notice.
- Ongoing deep clean of the facility, including all common areas
All staff are wearing a mask upon entry into the building and throughout their shifts.
- Our lobby, alcoves, and patios will remain closed. Residents are still able to get their mail from the mailroom.
- For any residents who need to go out for an appointment, please contact Eastgate’s Nursing Department so they can assist. If there is the potential to have the visit over the computer or phone, we will try to accommodate you. Also, please note that if any resident has to go out to the hospital or has any appointment outside the building, you could be quarantined to your room for 14 days as precaution.
Our staff has been planning phases to reopen certain areas such as Community Dining and Activities. Once we begin, we will keep the Dining Room seating to 10 residents at a time. The same will be implemented for Group Activities – 10 residents at a time. As long as we feel we can maintain social distancing and be safe, we will continue. If we have a surge of the virus in our state region or have a positive case for COVID-19, we may have to wait an additional 14 days before resuming Group Dining and Activities.
We plan to do an entire community testing on Monday September 21st for all residents, staff, and regular vendors coming in. Our hope is that everyone is negative for the virus and then we can begin some group dining and activities. We should have our results in roughly 2-3 days. Once we have your individual results, we will let you know as soon as possible. When we have all of the results, we will share directly with community members if we have anyone positive for the virus. Soon after that, we will let everyone know our plans.
Our scheduled outside visits will continue with scheduling going through Silvia Saldivar (Activity Director). Please email Silvia at Silvia.firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit.
Thank you for all your cooperation and patience during this tough time. We understand how hard this has been on everyone. We have got to keep our residents’ health and safety our top priority. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Eastgate Manor Supportive Living
(847) 458 – 4516